Sunday, December 26, 2021

Home for the Holidays

 Putting the Hadestown recap on hold. Clearly way beyond that point now; 


Yesterday I got to spend Christmas with my family back home in California. I couldn't be more happy than to be here with everyone I love even for just a limited time.

I flew in on the 18th and have been savoring this much needed vacation time after quite a busy first semester in New York. 

Immediately after my parents picked me up from the airport we went straight to In N Out Burger which was such a nice treat after only being able to have Shake Shack burgers. 

Not that there's anything wrong with them, they're really good too, but I mean it's In N Out! They're only available in five states including California! 


I can't even say how wonderful it is to be able to hug my mom and dad after not seeing them for over three months. I'd really taken it for granted, seeing as back on campus we're still being cautious about physical contact outside of classes. 

Just as special was getting to hug a handful of extended family members (VACCINATED) and go look at holiday lights and spend Christmas morning together, making hot cocoa and chowing down on doughnuts and frittatas and quiche while we opened presents.

I didn't ask for much material stuff this year, seeing as how making a wish list wasn't a priority for me since I was so preoccupied in New York with classes and such. All I really could think of to ask for was some winter necessities, like more warm socks and sweaters and thermal clothes for when it really starts snowing. 

I saw on the news that there was a light snowfall the morning of Christmas Eve but it didn't last for long. January is when it's supposed to really start coming down, so I definitely want to be prepared for it.


The holiday festivities are officially ending for me. New Year's will most likely have me confined to bed since I will be getting my COVID booster on the 29th. 

I just hope the side effects won't be as bad as when I actually had COVID at the start of 2021. 

After that hopefully I'll be able to take in more free time while I'm still here before I head back east on January 8th to start my last semester. I'll have just about four months until I finally graduate!


So that's about it. I hope you all have been having a safe but still joyful holiday season. 

Let's keep our spirits up and our minds alert as we are out way through the Omicron period. 

Get vaxxed, get boosted, mask up!




No comments:

Post a Comment