Saturday, November 20, 2021

It's Dying Down, But Getting Back Up Soon

We've all had slumps, right? 

Those moments when you feel like you're doing the same thing day after day, over and over. 

You start to not be as excited about what your day will be since you already know what you'll be doing, and then once you've done everything you supposed to you feel just...meh.

I won't deny it; I've had those moments these past few weeks. Class schedules are second nature now and move along like clockwork. We always have more new work and material to study which keeps me busy, but personally I have kept my time spent outside class relatively simple. I've mostly retreated to my dorm and done assignments or cooked and other little things here or there. Sometimes the best thing I can do for myself is just to BE by myself.


There have been some fun nights out though; most recently I went to see Freestyle Love Supreme and Wicked for some stimulation and escape from my school oriented mindset. It's always nice to have the chance to get away and not worry about the outside world for a few hours some nights.


This coming week should be fun too. I get to spend Thanksgiving in New York! I even have some family coming over to visit, and we're going to get to see the Macy's Parade live and in person after watching it on TV all these years. Then we'll have Thanksgiving dinner at Tavern on the Green and see a matinee of Hadestown the day after!

Mostly I'm excited to see my big sibling and spend time with them. The longer I've been away from home the more I've missed my family. 

I know I'm so lucky to get to live and study in New York like I have always wanted, but I guess I never really felt that it could be so hard to be away from the people I love for such a long time.


Luckily it won't be that way for long after Thanksgiving. I'll only have about two weeks left of the semester, and then I'll be on a plane back to California for almost three weeks for Christmas and New Year's. 

Although, it would be fun to be in NYC for New Year's Eve and see the ball drop in person, but there will be plenty more opportunities for it I'm sure.


So for now, I'll just keep working on my craft and myself and hope that my New York journey picks up again. 

That big city magic can only reemerge bigger and brighter with the holiday season on the rise.

No comments:

Post a Comment